Sunday, September 28, 2008

Family Stone

Sunday 28Sept08 4:57pm

I've got the Family Stone on since it is showing on the W network. In it, there is a scene where Diane Keaton's daughter gets into bed with her. And I haven't thought about it in a long time. I miss lying in bed with my mother. I miss the warmth and smells of her. I miss going into her closet, when she was out, and smelling her perfume smells off her clothes. It doesn't matter how old and mature you become, you are always your parent's child and I miss being her child.

I love when men kiss their sons. Even when they are still adults. It feels like they've let go of all that boys don't cry and can't show affection crap.

I seem to be focused on relationships lately and naming more of what I want and what I love and what I miss. Part of it is about a novel that I'm working on and part of it is about clarity. I seem to have people confiding in me about their relationships lately. The growing pains of new relationships. The real life of relationships once the intoxicating feelings disappear and every day life seeps back in. And I give my words of wisdom, give it your best, show some acceptance and if it really isn't something you can work out, don't leave too early, don't stay too long.

And constantly, I look at the object of my interest and I can predict where some of the problems will come up and I wonder, I wonder, I wonder...

EY

No comments: